Don't Remind God What He Has Already Forgotten: Live By Written Words
There is no point in reminding God of what He has already forgotten.
Billy Graham once used a powerful illustration. He said it is as if there is a great tape recorder in Heaven, recording everything we have ever said or done. One day, on the Day of Judgment, that tape would be played every eye would see and every ear would hear what was done in secret. But Billy Graham went on to say something even more astonishing: when a person receives Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is born again, that tape is completely wiped out and deleted never to be played again.
Wow! What a God we serve.
A God whose compassion and love for His creation goes far beyond what we deserve. And this is not just a preacher’s illustration Scripture itself confirms it clearly.
For I will forgive their sin and will remember them no more.” Hebrews 8:12
When God says He will remember our sins no more, He means exactly that. Scripture tells us that God keeps His word, He even exalts His word above His name. The New Covenant is not about God repeatedly condemning sinners; it is about God changing hearts, dealing with people who seek Him in Spirit and in truth, not through fear-driven religious effort.
How Religion Keeps People in Bondage
Sadly, too often religious institutions and religious traditions have blinded the eyes and ears of unbelievers. Through teachings taken out of context and mixed with human tradition, many people have been kept in fear, guilt, and bondage, instead of being led into freedom in Christ.
This is especially evident in many prayer houses, particularly in the context of Nagaland, where heretical teachings have crept into the Church. No matter how many times people visit these prayer centers, they are repeatedly told to ask forgiveness for the same sins again and again, including the so-called sins of their forefathers sins they may have already confessed countless times.
But God has already said: I will forgive their sin and will remember them no more.
If God Himself does not remember those sins anymore, what is the point of going back to Him repeatedly for the very sins He has already forgotten?
We humans may remember but He is God. When He chooses to forget, He truly forgets.
Repentance Is Not Repeating the Same Confession Forever
True repentance is not going to God again and again for the same sin. Repentance is a change of mind agreeing with what God says about sin, forgiveness, and redemption.
The main reason people remain trapped in this cycle is a lack of knowledge of God. Many assume that reading and understanding the Word of God is only for pastors, theologians, or church leaders. As a result, they seek prayer without the Word, experience without truth, emotion without revelation.
They want to feel forgiven—but forgiveness has nothing to do with feelings.
Forgiveness is received by faith
Faith comes from knowing what the Word of God has already said. Without that knowledge, people punish themselves emotionally, cry until they feel exhausted, and believe that only after enough tears or suffering are they forgiven. This is how people are robbed of true freedom in Christ.
And this freedom is not freedom to live in sin, but freedom from sin and death.
Seeking the feeling of forgiveness is actually a way of living in death.
The Finished Work of the Cross
The Bible says: For God Made Him sin who knew no Sin to be Sin for us …2 Corinthians 5:27
The payment for the entire human race was laid on Jesus Christ. The sins of the whole world were placed upon Him. Forgiveness has already been paid for but many people still do not know they are forgiven.
Because of this ignorance, many are going to hell ,not because forgiveness is unavailable, but because they refuse to receive it by faith.
There are religious leaders who neither enter God’s Kingdom themselves nor allow others to enter. By distorting the Gospel, they become instruments that blind people from God’s Word. Yet they are not alone in responsibility, blind followers also choose not to seek God in His Word, preferring voices that do not belong to the true Shepherd.
Forgiveness Is Received, Not Repaid
The blood of our Lord Jesus Christ has paid for past, present, and future sins. When we sin today, we do not go to God to be forgiven again—we go to Him to receive the forgiveness that has already been paid for.
Jesus is not coming again and again to die for sins.
He died once and for all.
Hebrews 7:27 Hebrews 9:12 Hebrews 9:26 Hebrews 10:10
These Scriptures clearly prove that Christ’s sacrifice was final and complete. Our role now is not to add to the Cross, but to believe in what has already been accomplished.
God Will Not Judge You Twice
The judgment God poured upon Jesus on the Cross will never be poured out again on those who are in Christ. God does not see you through your sin, He sees you through His Son, who has perfectly completed everything on your behalf.
Even human law recognizes the principle of double jeopardy, which states that a person cannot be tried twice for the same offense after judgment has already been passed. How much more will a righteous God not judge twice what He has already judged in His Son?
God’s justice will not allow it.
Grace Is Not a License to Sin
Some may say, “You are making grace a license to sin.”
But if a person thinks grace is permission to sin more, that person is not under grace at all. They are deceived and not truly born again. True grace transforms the heart it does not encourage rebellion.
A Personal Testimony of Freedom
There was a time in my life when I was not born again. Fear ruled me, fear of death, fear of God, fear of judgment, fear of hell. Panic attacks began to grip me so strongly that I felt like I was losing control of my own mind. The fear was constant and overwhelming, and it drove me into relentless religious effort.
From early morning until late at night, I prayed continuously, asking God to forgive every sin I could remember. I confessed the same sins again and again, hoping that if I prayed harder, cried longer, or humbled myself more deeply, something would change. But nothing did. Instead of peace, the fear only intensified. I began to believe that God was no longer willing to forgive me, and that my panic attacks were proof that I had crossed some invisible line.
In desperation, I ran to my old church one day, weeping uncontrollably. I stood before the cross, pointing at it, and told God I would not leave until the fear lifted or until I felt forgiven. Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months—but my condition did not improve. I was seeking an experience, not truth. I wanted to feel forgiven, not knowing that forgiveness is received by faith, not by emotions.
Even when I opened the Bible, I did so with the wrong heart. I read Scripture not to know God, but to prove to Him that I was trying my best. Instead of comfort, I saw judgment everywhere. I placed myself in every warning and condemnation, and it only deepened my fear and confusion.
Yet, in the midst of all this, God was merciful. He did not allow me to lose hope completely. I kept searching for freedom, even though I did not yet understand where it was found.
One day, I came in contact with a preacher, and through his ministry team, I was introduced to the real God, the real Jesus, and the real Holy Spirit not through emotion, but through the Word of God. As Scripture was rightly explained to me, everything began to unfold. Truth replaced fear. Light replaced confusion. I began to see that although my intentions were sincere, the way I was seeking God was not the way He had designed.
Through simple but deep Bible teaching, I started to understand what God had freely given me through Christ. Verse by verse, the Gospel became clear. One scripture that deeply transformed me was:
“Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
For the first time, I realized that Jesus was inviting me as I was, not after I had fixed myself. He was not waiting for me to become better, He was calling me to come and rest in what He had already finished. When I responded to that invitation, God became real to me in a way I had never known before.
When I repented and received His forgiveness by faith, I discovered something life-changing: God did not remind me of my past. He did not condemn me. He did not keep a record of who I had been. Instead, He began to work in me the person He had always intended me to become.
That is who Jesus is.
Forgiveness Has Been Given—Now Receive It
God does not want us striving for forgiveness. He has already forgiven the world. But He gives us the choice to receive it or reject it.
That is why not everyone goes to heaven. Forgiveness has been paid for, but it must be received by faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross.
That is the only way to God.
That is the only way to forgiveness.
And there is no other way.
Comments
Post a Comment